Wednesday 20 June 2012

Music is my solace...

Every time I seem to come to some pertinent moment in my life, most often times of hardship in the area of love like now (as I am newly single once again as of two days ago), I always seem to stumble accidentally upon a song which seems to sum up exactly what I'm going through or what I'm feeling. Last night I was watching a movie, after trying desperately to get my mind to focus on the 8000 word essay I have due in a few days, and I heard some snippets of a song whose lyrics seemed to resonate. When I googled it and found I actually already had it on my I-tunes (of course, cause I have such great music taste :P) and I listened to it over and over again. At least in my time of pain I can find a tiny bit of solace in the beautiful composition of feelings someone else felt just like I am right now.

Paper Bag - Fiona Apple
And I went crazy again today, looking a strand to climb
Looking for a little hope
Baby said he couldn't stay, wouldn't put his lips to mine
And a fail to kiss is a fail to cope
I said, 'Honey, I don't feel so good, don't feel justified,
Come on put a little love here in my void,' He said
'Its all in your head,' and I said, 'So's everything'
But he didn't get it, I thought he was a man
But he was just a little boy

No comments:

Post a Comment