Saturday 9 June 2012

Its been a while...

So its been so long since my last post that the format of this posting box has completely changed... SO much has changed since my last post. My boyfriend and I are back together and I am so happy about that. We just couldn't stay broken up - we couldn't stay apart. And it has not been easy by any means - its been an uphill battle a lot of the time. But when it comes to the person that you love it is worth fighting for (as cliched as it may sound).

To start with uni - its been exceedingly challenging. Honours is on a completely different level to everything that came before. I busy writing exams (probably the main reason why I'm posting at this precise moment - in desperate need of ways to procrastinate). I don't think I've been doing as well as I had wanted because of the emotional struggles I've been having but hopefully I will pull through. This year really has been about work, work, work for me though - time with friends has really taken a knock, I've been out two times this entire term, and I have not been able to go to a single gig this whole year :( Even though I want to work my butt off next semester I also really want to remember that this is my last year and after this me and my closest friends are all going to be going off in different directions into the the real world. It makes me so sad thinking about it :/ I really want to have as much fun with them as possible while we still can.

The last few weeks have been rough for me - emotionally I am not in the greatest place. The ramifications of the break up and what went down has brought me back into a rather scary state of mind but I am trying really hard to deal. And usually these things come in phases and hopefully it'll pass eventually. You might be hearing more about that at some point...

For now, here is my absolute FAVOURITE song at the moment - the stunning Dia Frampton (who totally should have won season 1 of the The Voice!) has released and album and this is my favourite song off of it (followed by Isabella). Its beautiful vocally and the lyrics really resonate with me.


I can't help it, I love the broken ones
The ones who need the most patching up
The ones who've never been love, 
Never been loved, never been loved enough.
And oh maybe I see a part of me in them
The missing piece always trying to fit in,
The shattered heart, hungry for a home
No you're not alone, I love the broken ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment