Tuesday 27 December 2011

2012 here we come...

So another year is on our doorstep and reflecting on the year gone by makes one confused as to where all the time went... I have big plans for it. I am lucky enough to have the opportunity to go back to uni for another year to do my honours in politics and I am determine to get myself to the point I want to be at by the time I start life in the real world. And I am going to proclaim my goals for the year for all the world to see (slightly reassured by the fact that I'm sure hardly anyone actually reads this blog ;P hehe)... Aside from committing to battling that awful monster we call procrastination to stay on top of uni work, pledging to get back to reading for fun more and getting totally into learning and practicing on guitar my biggest and most challenging goal for the year is that I want to lose 20kgs. I have been trying to lose weight for years now to no real avail and I am absolutely determined to actually do it this year. My aim is to lose 2kgs a month and be 20kgs lighter than I am now by this time next year - which is not going to be any easy feat. But I am going to take some very, very drastic steps to achieve that...

My plan: to cut out absolutely ALL junk food and take-aways all together for 6 whole months. Now anyone who know me and my sweet tooth will know how hard this is going to be for me but I know that unless I do something this drastic I'm not going to see any results... So that means no sweets, chocolates, chips, cakes, ice cream pancakes (dunno how I'm going to survive without those!), pies or take-away fast foods like burgers, hot chips, pizzas or anything like that. On top of this I am also going to do a month by month cut out of one other group which typically causes problems. So in Feb I will do no carbs, in March no meat, in April no carbs again, in May no meat again and in June no alcohol. In the carb and meat months there will be small exceptions just so I make sure I stay healthy like in the carb month I'll be able to have muesli and provitas and potatoes (as long as they're prepared right, ie. not fried or covered in butter) will still count as a veg; and in the meat month I will probably have grilled fish here and there to make sure I'm getting protein.

This is my basic plan and along with a rigorous amount of exercise I'm really hoping its going to help. I need to make this happen for myself. I am not spending one more Durban summer not wanting to go to the beach or jump in the pool (2 things I love!) because I'm embarrassed of the way I look... I am super excited about the prospect of actually making this happen... And I know its hopelessly boring about the hundredth person who doesn't like themselves and wants to lose weight but I feel like documenting this journey and the feelings that go along it is going to be an important part of it...

So here's to achieving some if not all of our New Year's resolutions this year and to committing to the creation of even more awesome versions of ourselves this year!!

Much love and peace to anyone who may actually be reading this ;P

No comments:

Post a Comment